Jawline Surgery at Southern California Center for Surgical Arts
Jawline surgery, also known as orthognathic surgery, is a transformative procedure aimed at enhancing the appearance and functionality of the jawline. At Southern California Center for Surgical Arts, we specialize in jawline surgery to help patients achieve a balanced and harmonious facial profile. Here’s everything you need to know about jawline surgery:
What Is Jawline Surgery?
Jawline surgery, or orthognathic surgery, involves repositioning the jaw bones (mandible and maxilla) to correct functional issues such as bite misalignment (malocclusion) or aesthetic concerns related to the jawline’s size, shape, or symmetry. This procedure can address a variety of conditions, including underbites, overbites, crossbites, and facial asymmetry.
What Can Jawline Surgery Correct?
Jawline surgery can correct:
- Bite Misalignment: Improving the alignment of the upper and lower jaws to achieve a proper bite.
- Facial Asymmetry: Correcting irregularities or discrepancies in the size or position of the jaw bones.
- Protruding or Receding Chin: Augmenting or reducing the size of the chin to achieve a balanced facial profile.
- Jawline Contouring: Enhancing the definition and symmetry of the jawline for a more sculpted appearance.
The Jawline Surgery Procedure
During the jawline surgery procedure, incisions are made inside the mouth (intraoral approach) to access the jaw bones. The bones are then carefully repositioned, reshaped, or augmented to achieve the desired outcome. Once the jawline has been sculpted to the desired shape and position, the incisions are closed with sutures.
Recovery and Results
Patients may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort following jawline surgery, which typically subsides within a few weeks. Pain medication and proper post-operative care can help manage these symptoms. Most patients can resume normal activities within a few weeks, with final results becoming apparent as swelling resolves.
Why Choose Southern California Center for Surgical Arts for Jawline Surgery?
- Experienced surgical team led by skilled and board-certified surgeons
- Customized treatment plans tailored to each patient’s unique jawline anatomy and aesthetic goals
- State-of-the-art facilities and advanced surgical techniques
- Commitment to patient safety, satisfaction, and natural-looking results
To learn more about jawline surgery and schedule a consultation with our experienced surgical team, please contact Southern California Center for Surgical Arts today. Achieve facial harmony and confidence with jawline surgery at our premier surgical center.