Genioplasty (Chin Surgery) at Southern California Center for Surgical Arts
Genioplasty, commonly known as chin surgery, is a transformative procedure aimed at enhancing the appearance of the chin and improving facial harmony. At Southern California Center for Surgical Arts, we specialize in genioplasty procedures to help patients achieve a balanced and proportionate facial profile. Here’s everything you need to know about genioplasty:
What Is Genioplasty?
Genioplasty is a surgical procedure designed to reshape the chin by altering the size, shape, or position of the chin bone (mandible). This procedure can address a variety of aesthetic concerns, including a receding chin, an overly prominent chin, asymmetry, or deformities resulting from trauma or congenital conditions.
What Can Genioplasty Correct?
Genioplasty can correct:
- Receding Chin: Augmenting the chin to improve facial projection and balance.
- Overly Prominent Chin: Reducing the size or prominence of the chin to achieve a more proportional facial profile.
- Chin Asymmetry: Correcting asymmetry or irregularities in the chin contour for improved facial symmetry.
- Facial Deformities: Addressing congenital conditions or traumatic injuries affecting the shape or alignment of the chin.
Types of Genioplasty
- Sliding Genioplasty: Involves repositioning the chin bone forward or backward to achieve the desired projection and contour.
- Chin Augmentation: Uses implants or bone grafts to enhance the size and shape of the chin for improved facial balance.
- Chin Reduction: Removes excess bone or soft tissue to reduce the size or prominence of the chin.
The Genioplasty Procedure
During the genioplasty procedure, incisions are made either inside the mouth (intraoral approach) or under the chin (submental approach) to access the chin bone. Depending on the desired outcome, the bone may be repositioned, reshaped, or augmented using implants or bone grafts. The incisions are then closed with sutures, resulting in minimal visible scarring.
Recovery and Results
Patients may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort following genioplasty surgery, which typically subsides within a few weeks. Pain medication and proper post-operative care can help manage these symptoms. Most patients can resume normal activities within a week, with final results becoming apparent as swelling resolves.
Why Choose Southern California Center for Surgical Arts for Genioplasty?
- Experienced surgical team led by skilled and board-certified surgeons
- Customized treatment plans tailored to each patient’s unique facial anatomy and aesthetic goals
- State-of-the-art facilities and advanced surgical techniques
- Commitment to patient safety, satisfaction, and natural-looking results
To learn more about genioplasty and schedule a consultation with our experienced surgical team, please contact Southern California Center for Surgical Arts today. Achieve facial harmony and confidence with genioplasty at our premier surgical center.